So...I was very intrigued by this one post by @cian.dom on TikTok and decided to try it for myself! They titled it as "Brown Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies" and I had everything but the chocolate chips and I don't like sea salt on cookies 😳.
So I decided to change it up a bit and add M&Ms instead...you guys asked for the recipe and here it is!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (not needed, but makes a difference)
- 2 cups whatever chocolate you want (mine was M&Ms)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Cook until it's basically foaming and brown.
3. Set it aside for 10 minutes for it to cool.
4. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Add the brown sugar and the granulated sugar to the cooled butter.
6. Beat until incorporated.
7. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture and beat until light and fluffy.
8. Add in your dry ingredients that you set aside.
9. Fold in your chocolate.
10. Let the dough sit at a room temperature for 30 minutes.
11. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
12. Scoop onto baking sheet and bake at the same temperature for 10-15 minutes, keep an eye on it after 10 minutes!
NOTES: Mine came out super thick because I scooped too much onto the sheet 😔. ALSO MAKE SURE IT'S BAKING SODA AND NOT POWDER! I made that mistake.
Here are some pics!